Work based on the highest standards of safety
Activities promoting work safety
In order to strengthen the safety culture at PSE, the Life Saving Rules (LSR) have been developed. It is a set of general rules of conduct which refer to the greatest risks related to the company’s activities. The rules specify the responsibilities of the personnel performing tasks, prohibited activities and responsibilities of work supervisors. The rules are addressed to PSE employees and associates. The rules are formulated as catch phrases demanding specific actions, which are listed below:
- Keep safe distance! – due to the risk to health and life caused by electric shock and arc burning while live working or working near live equipment;
- Follow the work order and use checklists! – for work on grid assets under conditions of special risk based on a written order;
- Observe safe organisation of work in the power sector!
- While working at heights, protect yourself and your tools against falls!
- Always use working clothes and shoes, as well as personal protective equipment where required!
- Drive safely!
- React to and report dangerous situations!
The LSRs are displayed both at our offices and at substations, in the form of relevant posters and animations. We know from our colleagues that the materials are often a reference point for talks on safety as part of internal and external meetings (safety moments).